In Seth Godin’s “Brainwashed, seven ways to reinvent yourself,” Godin describes seven “levers” to reinvent yourself. One that he talks of that really spoke to me is “Connect.” In this section, Godin says that you should not keep track of what goes on online or on your social media sites. Everything is now changed because we can have easy and short interactions with people that we don’t know all that well. Another way to reinvent yourself is to “Make Art.” Art is described as something that we can all do that doesn’t follow instruction. Taking risks with our artwork can connect us to others and give us rewards. The key to all of the other six pillars is to “Learn.” This is an important path that we all must take to help us advance through life. Everything is always changing and nothing ever stays the same as it often would in the past. At some point in our lives we will all accept that we must throw away what we know and learn new things that will change everything.
The main point in Seth Godin’s piece is to inform his reader that it is completely possible to reinvent yourself. Now, if you care this much about what others think of you, you are human. If not, then you are lying. I found this article to be very interesting. I liked that the first thing Godin said was that we are NOT average. That we as people must create more and be more than just average to snap out of this way that we have been brainwashed since we were all small children. This blog that we must create will most likely NOT be followed by people that I know in my real life. This means that I am, as Godin suggests, reinventing myself for my new blog followers. This makes this blog very pertinent to my new identity that I will be reinventing.
When Godin talks of his “Connect” lever of his seven steps, he is focusing on social media. This means that he is referring to something just like this blog. As Godin suggests with the example of the Obama poster, I want to use this blog as a way to connect people with the same interests. Once we were isolated, and now we can all be connected.
“Make Art” is important to this blog because that is virtually the topic in which I chose to base my blog off of. Musical art to be more specific. People who make music are creating art in their own way. Art does not have to be paint on a canvas, pencil on a paper, or even a sculpture. What I love about art is that it IS so subjective and it can literally take any form as long as there is someone there to think it up first. This blog will cause me to think hard about many forms of art because of its topic. I believe that this will make me a better person thinking about various forms of art and sharing what I think with everyone that choses to follow my blog.
In his pillar “Learn,” Godin mostly talks of of how people must adapt now even more than ever before. He says how we are always in school and always learning. This relevant to my blog because I plan to tell people about things that they do not already know. Or at least things that they can learn something from.
No comments:
Post a Comment